Master Shàowén Yù »
Founder of U.S. Wushu Center and former member of the Beijing Wushu Team, Master Shàowén grew up in China, where he began his training at a very young age. He went on to perform around the world with his friend and teammate Jet Li.
Master Gāo, Jiāmĭn »
Master Gāo has won 32 gold medals in Tai Chi competitions in China and around the world, a feat that never has been matched. In fact, it is her image on Tai Chi form posters on the walls of countless martial arts school walls throughout Asia and America.
TAI CHI Instructors
Master Larry Rothman »
Larry Rothman began as a student at the U.S. Wushu Center when it opened in 1993. He was one of Master Shàowén Yù’s first students in Portland, and began teaching at the Center after advancing to the black belt level. He has won several regional Tai Chi competitions.
Master Jim Haydon »
Jim Haydon has been interested in Tai Chi and Qi Gong for many years. He has been with Master Shàowén Yù and Master Gāo, Jiāmĭn since 1996, and has studied both Tai Chi and Qigong with additional Chinese Grand Masters and Masters.
Master Julie McKim »
Julie McKim has studied Tai Chi with Master Shàowén Yù at the U.S. Wushu Center since 1998. She has learned forms in the Yang, Chen, Sun and Wu Styles of Tai Chi, as well as in Bagua and many forms of Qigong.
Manager, US Wushu Center
Sun, Mingyao provides instruction in Chinese language for Qian Kun Institute’s Language and Arts Center, as well as providing office management support for the U.S. Wushu Center.
Administrative Assistant, US Wushu Center
Diego provides our center with instruction to our After School Care students in Math and English. Diego also assures that our website is running smoothly and always providing the most up to date information about the U.S Wushu Center as well as marketing for our center.
The relationships Master Gāo and Master Yù have with their Chinese counterparts enables them to bring a number of guest instructors to the U.S.
The following instructors have traveled to Portland to provide special workshops for U.S. Wushu Center students:
- Master Chen, Xiang (July 2012)
- Master Yang Sheming (June 2012)
- Master Chen, Ye (June 2012)
- Master Xie, Xiaoxin (June 2012)
- Master Wang, Zhiqin (October 2011)
- Master Zhan, Changcheng (October 2011)
- Master Zeng, Nailiang (May 2011)
- Master Wei, Xianglian (May 2011)
- Master Jiang, Zhiye (Nov. 2009)
- Master Wei, Dantong (Nov. 2008)
- Master Yang Sheming (Feb. 2008, Oct. 2008, Dec. 2010)
- Master Yang, Jing (Dec. 2000)
- Master Zhao, Dayuan (Nov. 1998, Dec. 2001, Oct. 2002, Oct. 2003, Nov. 2005)
- Master Chen, Xiang (Nov. 1998, Oct. 1999, Apr. 2002, Apr. 2004, Nov. 2007)